FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Got questions? We’ve heard a lot of them.
Here are some of our answers, but feel free to give us a call if you have any more.
How long is the set-up process, and what is required from me?
Set-up takes on average 20 elapsed days, from registration to looking at your information. BRITE requires very little work from you for example:
- A brief registration call
- Plugging the connection device we send you, into your network
- Forwarding an email to your back-office system vendor requesting connection info to your database.
- 30 minute call with our onboarding staff to map items such as your products, trade classes, price agreements and delivery types.
- Sending us a few reports from your back-office system that we use to compare our numbers to yours. This is part of our extensive quality assurance process. Your confidence in BRITE’s numbers is extremely important to us.
What does BRITE cost? Is there a “Per User” fee?
Where is my data stored and how is it secured?
What is the difference between BRITE and my accounting system provider?
Is there a long-term commitment to BRITE?
If I subscribe to BRITE, do I have to commit to doing business with the other Angus divisions?
Although we recommend Angus products and services to our customers, senior consultants from our sister divisions are readily available to discuss any financial or risk management needs you might have, as a result of what you may discover through your use of BRITE. Subscribing to BRITE automatically provides access to these very capable resources.
How do I know if my performance is good or bad?
Does BRITE create house industry benchmarks for comparison purposes?
What back-office systems does BRITE interface to?
If you do not interface to my back-office system, what is my recourse?
Is BRITE customizable?
BRITE is highly customizable, both for the company that subscribes as well as for individual users who can customize their own dashboard content based on widgets available from the library. Company-level customizations are performed on a time and materials basis at prevailing development rates. If Angus Analytics feels a specific enhancement requested by a client would be beneficial and should be incorporated into the standard application, we may subsidize its development and make it part of the standard offering. This is another avenue by which the product will continue to mature.
Where might I gain efficiencies by reviewing BRITE daily?
Once a plan is in place and the desired volumes and margins by trade class and price plan are set, your hedge positions are purchased and input, and your goals for growth have been identified, it is then necessary to closely monitor the numerous facets of your business that could negatively or positively affect your desired monthly outcome. BRITE is designed to help you do this in a number of ways:
- Noticing poor margins may indicate problems with pricing or costing
- Poorly performing drivers may lead to a review of delivery department procedures or emphasize the need for implementation of technologies.
- Excessive customer losses, or switches from auto to will-call, could be telling you something about the way you are taking care of your customers.
- Under- or over-sizing propane tanks during set-up could prove very costly witnessed by too many or too few deliveries to a customer. In addition, misuse of capital ties up cash which can and should be avoided.
- Service inefficiency culprits may include poor performing technicians or dispatchers, old or outdated customer equipment. Identifying and solving these issues will yield significant savings and improved customer satisfaction, both in the short and long terms.
How does BRITE help align our employees with company goals and priorities?
Depending on your role in the organization, your priorities will be based on some aspect of the strategic goals of the company, ranging from financial goals to customer satisfaction. Understanding the importance of these goals, as well as the direct impact they have on the company, will drive employees to achieve the target metrics at the right time. Among BRITE’s many attributes is the dissemination of information down the organizational chain, and the collaboration of people reviewing this information. This allows for greater delegation of responsibilities and goal setting, as performance can be monitored on an extremely granular level. Our consultants will review this with you in detail.